I earned a Ph.D. from the University of Saskatchewan and am an Environmental Geochemist with a mining consulting firm in Saskatoon, SK. My wife, Megan, and I were married in 2007 and live in Hampton Village with our dog Dakota.
I have dedicated thousands of volunteer hours, serving in leadership positions, on a range of organizations and boards dedicated to making Saskatoon an even better place to live:
- Chair, Saskatoon Environmental Advisory Committee (SEAC – a citizen advisory group for Saskatoon City Council)
- Member and Past-Chair, Quint Developments Inc. Board of Directors (a local community economic development agency dedicated to improving housing and employment opportunities in Saskatoon’s core neighbourhoods)
- Past-President, Saskatoon Cycles (a local non-profit organization dedicated to safer cycling in Saskatoon)
- Past Vice-Chair, RoadMap Saskatoon (a non-profit focused on engaging the wider Saskatoon business community on energy efficiency initiatives)
- Candidate for Saskatoon City Council (2009, 2012)
- Contributor/Host, OurYXE.ca – a website and podcast dedicated to the in-depth examination of political and city-building issues facing Saskatoon and Saskatchewan.
- Columnist, Planet S Magazine – offering up views and opinions on city-building and political issues of the day in Saskatoon and Saskatchewan.